[mlpack] GSOC 2017: Reinforcement Learning

Sahith D sahithdn at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 06:34:22 EST 2017

Hi,
My name is Sahith N D. I'm an undergraduate engineer in my sophomore year
from BITS PIlani, India. I am interested in doing the Reinforcement
Learning Project in mlpack.
I've done previous projects in general machine learning and am currently
doing a project based on reinforcement learning to train an agent to learn
and win at certain board games like Scotland Yard.
I've already done a course on reinforcement learning by David Silver form
DeepMind. I have used OpenAI gym for this course so I have some experience
in it already. I would be grateful if you could tell me anything else that
I need to learn for this project.
I would also like to start working on some issues so it would be great if
you could point me in the right direction.

Thanking You,
Sahith N D