[mlpack] Regarding GSoC 17

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 2 08:03:40 EST 2017

Hello Agrawal,

welcome and thanks for your interest in the project. Have you searched through
the list archives for other messages about the Essential Deep Learning project?

http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/

There is a lot of information that has been written about this project over the
past years.

In general, to be successful at this project, you should have a good knowledge
of deep learning; i.e., you should be familiar with the way deep neural networks
are typically built and trained, and certainly you should be familiar with the
individual components that you plan to implement.

You are welcome to propose to implement any or all of the four modules that are
currently listed (RBM, RBFN, BRN, GAN), or you can even propose other modules
that mlpack does not currently have implemented. We can always discuss other
interesting ideas, that you have in mind.

Maybe these pages are also helpful:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

There are also some issues open in the Github issue tracker, and any
contributions of new techniques or efficiency improvements for existing
implementations are always welcome.

I hope this is helpful, let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Marcus