[mlpack] Application for GSoC-2017

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu Mar 2 09:40:06 EST 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 04:06:34PM +0530, dhawal harkawat wrote:
> Hi, I am Dhawal Harkawat, a fourth year Computer Science student ar BITS
> PILANI, Pilani Campus and I was enrolled in my University in the year -
> 2013. I would like to participate in this year GSoC, with mlpack, on the
> topic *"Fast k-centers Algorithm & Implementation"*. I have done Machine
> Learning course at my University and Andrew Ng Coursera ML course and also
> did Internship at Microsoft, India in summers of 2016 under the title
> "Real-Time Prescriptive Analysis of Server Error Logs Data Using Machine
> Learning". I partipated in many Algorithmic Programming Competitions, and
> have solved 500+ Challenging Problems on Algorithms as can be found on
> various online judges like Spoj, Codeforces, etc, apart from that my
> ability to code complex and challenging problems can be seen on Github,
> where I have uploaded all my solutions to the Online Juges Problems. (All
> the appropriate links can be found in my resume, please find it attached).
> Hence, coming from a strong Mathematical and Algorithmic background, I am
> naturally very interested in the Problem Domain of this project, and would
> like to participate in its open source development. My email is
> dhawalharkawat14 at gmail.com and my IRC nick is dhawalht, please reply to me,
> as I am very much curious to get myself started in this project as soon as
> possible.

Hi Dhawal,

If you want to get started contributing, please see these webpages that
we have written:

http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html
http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html

I just responded to another prospective student about the k-centers
project.  Here is a link to that reply; it links to many resources where
you can start to learn more about the project and what is required.

http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-March/003108.html

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,

Ryan