[mlpack] Reinforcement Learning

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Sat Mar 4 07:43:26 EST 2017

Hello Narayan,

> I went through the Project Ideas and the following projects intrigued me
> "Essential Deep Learning Modules" and "Reinforcement Learning". I am reading up
> on the models in those topics so that i make an informed decision.

Great that you liked the ideas, let us know once you decided which project you
like to work on so that we can probably brainstorm some ideas.

Also, The Reinforcement learning and Essential deep learning modules project has
been discussed at on the mailing list before:

http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-March/003095.html
http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-March/003098.html
http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-February/003087.html

http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-March/003107.html
http://mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-February/003092.html

Note that there are many more posts on this in the mailing list archive
to search for; those are only some places to get started.

> Kindly guide me in getting started with understanding the codebase.I have it
> cloned it , compiled it from source in my local machine and also implemented few
> simple programs from the "getting involved" page.

There are some easy issues on GitHub that you might find interesting, we will
see if we can add more in the next days. Besides that, any contributions of new
techniques or efficiency improvements for existing implementations are always
welcome.

I hope this is helpful, let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks,
Marcus