[mlpack] Reinforcement Learning

S.NARAYAN ee15b108 ee15b108 at smail.iitm.ac.in
Mon Mar 6 12:47:18 EST 2017

I am sorry that i misunderstood the description , thanks a lot for
clarifying it. I also referred to the thread in February ,

The cross-validation and hyper-parameter tuning project is pretty new,
and there is not much in the way of existing bugs that will help
understand it since the project involves generating a completely new
piece of code for mlpack.

I just opened some issues for the decision tree code today; maybe you
can find one of those interesting?
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues
(the top 5 are related to decision trees, at least when I wrote this
email)

I think one approach would be to use the various different classifiers
and functionality inside of mlpack, and then write some simple C++
programs to do cross-validation or hyper-parameter tuning by hand.
Then, this could help make it more clear what the needs of the
hyper-parameter tuning module and cross-validation module would be.

Please correct me if i am wrong , i have read the API documentation for
Linear Regression,KNN as of now,
So i can try using other mlpack methods , read their API docs and try to
understand the working of the code from here.

http://www.mlpack.org/docs/mlpack-2.1.1/doxygen.php

<http://www.mlpack.org/docs/mlpack-2.1.1/doxygen.php>
As you mentioned in that thread , i will take my time to understand the
different mlpack methods and then write C++ code to perform
Cross-Validation and gain more insight onto what all would go into
designing a generic module to handle various types of models , choosing
loss function for them etc.

I am familiar with Template MetaProgramming from my Object-Oriented
Programming Lab course in my college.I saw a few links regarding the same
on mlpack gsoc page and will read through that too.

Also I'll take your advice and not try reading too much at one go.

Thanking you.
Narayan.
Indian Institute of Technology - Madras.