[mlpack] GSoC 2017 for mlpack (Augmented Recurrent Neural Networks)

Shubham Agarwal shubhamagarwal92 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 10:51:30 EDT 2017

Hi,

I am a second year Master student in Data Science. Currently, I am doing an
internship at Xerox Research Center Europe (XRCE), Grenoble, France under
Dr. Marc Dymetman on Deep RNN for Sequence Prediction. I graduated from
Mathematics and Computing at IIT Delhi and thereafter worked as Data
Scientist at TrulyMadly Matchmakers Pvt. Ltd, an online dating startup.

I would like to work on the topic "Augmented RNNs" which is closely related
to the work I am currently doing. I would like to know if we want the
implementation for any specific task such as Machine Translation (where
Seq2Seq models can be useful). Is there any priority order of the tasks
mentioned? Regarding the implementation, does it also involve CUDA
programming? As an initial step, I have installed the mlpack and started
looking more into the code structure.

Please help me to get started.

Thank you.

Best,

Shubham Agarwal
Master 2 Data Science
Master of Science in Industrial and Applied Maths (MSIAM)
Ensimag Grenoble INP