[mlpack] GSOC - 2017 self-introduction

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Mar 22 09:42:06 EDT 2017

On Tue, Mar 21, 2017 at 08:24:50PM +0300, Arkadiy Dushatskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, source code of my library for Kaggle is at
> https://github.com/Arcady27/KaggleLib . Sorry that I haven't yet enough time
> to write good docs for it, refactor and fix all bugs, but nevertheless the
> main functionality can be seen and I already successfully used it in several
> Kaggle contests.
>
> Q-learning with neural net for Flappy Bird can be found at
> https://github.com/Arcady27/Q-Learning-Flappy-Bird. It's rather difficult
> game compared to some Atari ones because it needs the precision of actions
> taken by agent, that's why it takes a long to learn (as I remember, several
> hours at least to gain >10 points). Nevertheless, it is interesting to watch
> how the bird is learning at first 10-20 minutes (score is raising to 2-3-4
> points from 0).
>
> I am quite equally interested in both of RL-project and
> cross-validation/models tuning one, maybe a little bit more excited about
> RL. What project would you advice me to write proposal for? Thanks!

I'm not sure that we can effectively answer this question for
you---that's up to you.  Here is a mailing list thread with some more
information on the cross-validation/hyper-parameter tuning project:

http://lists.mlpack.org/pipermail/mlpack/2017-February/003066.html

--
Ryan Curtin    | "We need some time for some things to happen!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Bells