[mlpack] Project about Low rank/sparse optimization using Frank-Wolfe

Chenzhe Diao williamdiao at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 23:50:55 EDT 2017

Hi!

I just shared a proposal draft. I added some of my understanding to the
algorithm and my ideas about implementation. Please take a look and
provide some feedback if you have time.

Also, I wrote in the proposal that I can make some tests of real
application problems that will call FW type algorithm. If you have more
application problems in mind that you want me to test with, please let
me know. Moreover, since I am only familiar with some sparse
optimization algorithms that I met in my research, maybe those are not
very popular in other ML community. So if you have some optimization
solvers you want me to add or compare, I would also be happy to add them
in the proposal.

Thanks!

Best,
Chenzhe Diao